Translate

Saturday, May 18, 2013

Circle the D.O.G.S.

It's that time again. Time to introduce to to yet another stellar indie band that is destined for stardom!


If you read the album reviews that I do for The Ultimate Jamz internet radio station, then you'll already be familiar with Circle the D.O.G.S. as I did a review for the website of their debut album, Unleashed, last month (http://theultimatejamz.blogspot.com/2013/04/circle-dogs-unleashed.html).

Now I'm here to share them with you yet again... only this time as a fan!


How's that for an intro to Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA's own Circle the D.O.G.S.?! Made up of Vinny Garcia, vocals; Steve Deblanc, guitar; Charles Ortiz, drums; Steve Gilliland, guitar and Scott Olive, bass, D.O.G.S. quickly became a favorite of mine, thanks in large part to The Ultimate Jamz. From the first time I heard My Life then saw their video for One and Only, I was instantly hooked. Being a child of the 70's and having my heyday on the 80's, this band instantly takes me back to some of the greatest moments in music.

As far as hard rock acts go today, mainstream or indie, Circle the D.O.G.S. is without a doubt right at the top of any list I could give you. Drawing on influences from today (Shinedown) to influences of my day (Judas Priest to Queensryche and so many others), they give us a new take on an old classic- rock n fucking roll!

 

I'm going to put this out there too while I'm at it. Lead singer Vinny Garcia is one of the coolest frontmen in rock n roll today. He runs the band's Twitter page and is one of the most interactive people on Twitter that I've had the pleasure of meeting. Give the band a follow and be sure to be on the lookout for a Vinny takeover show on The Ultimate Jamz request lines! YOU'RE THE MAN VINNY!

CircleTheDogs.com

Pick up your copy of Unleashed on iTunes 

Follow Circle the D.O.G.S. on Twitter

Like Circle the D.O.G.S. on Facebook

Circle the D.O.G.S. on ReverbNation

Follow Circle the D.O.G.S. on SoundCloud

Support unsigned artists. Give indie music a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment