Translate

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Upcoming events in the world of indie music!

Good Wednesday evening everyone!

Just wanted to give you a few updates about some upcoming shows and music releases by some of the artists I've featured on my blog so far. This feature will continue to be a work in progress. Hopefully I'll be able to figure out the best way to incorporate this as a weekly feature...

There are some excellent shows coming up THIS WEEK! 

For those in and around Southern California, I AM SO JEALOUS OF A COUPLE OF SHOWS COMING UP FOR YOU!!!!

David Geftakys has a show coming up this Friday July 20th at Trip in Santa Monica
FREE Admission. (age restriction - 21+ venue) 
2101 Lincoln BLVD, Santa Monica, California 90405

Here's the link to his event page on Facebook:


David Gielan & The Willing have a show coming up on July 30th at The Mint in Los Angeles... I can't begin to tell you how excited I am that David is getting back out there to play some shows. I'm sure this new venture will yield more of the best indie music around. Can't wait to hear the new tunes!


In Air recently played at The House of Blues in Anaheim and are putting the finishing touches on a new EP due out, I believe, at the end of August (please correct me if I'm wrong gentlemen) which I will be reviewing once it's released. For tons of video from their House of Blues show, look for the links on their Twitter feed @inairmusic

Mike Peralta just made my evening by posting a link to his new single, Will I Be Okay? being released on July 29th. Click on the link below to pre-order (I just did!):


For those of you in the New England area, Lit On The Flash has made my month musically. Their much anticipated self-titled 2nd album is now out and available for a limited time free on their BandCamp page:


This album seriously rocks from beginning to end. They have shows coming up in Stratham, NH this Friday, July 20th at 4:30pm at the Stratham Fair 


Then this Saturday they'll be in Bangor, Maine at the West Market Festival


Then next Saturday, July 28th, they have a show in Portland, Maine at The Big Easy with another Maine indie band, Mother Leopard, then they return to Bangor on August 4th for a show at Paddy Murphy's. Check out their website for show information:

Lit On The Flash 

This is just a small sampling of what's coming up for you from some of the best indie artists around. Again, I hope to be putting something together each week, so all of you indie artists out there, please send me a Tweet (@cgnipp) to be included. I will do my best to get the word out for you!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment