Translate

Friday, July 20, 2012

It's Friday... the importance of the #FridayFollow

Good Friday afternoon everyone! I just wanted to take a few minutes of your time to talk about #FridayFollow (#FF) on Twitter and what they mean to me. Anyone who's on Twitter knows that as soon as the clock strikes midnight all across the world, your Twitter feed will essentially be blown up with #FridayFollows from some of the people you follow. While I must say that I am personally glad that all 395 people that I am currently following on Twitter do not actively participate in this practice, I am equally glad that at least a small percentage of them do. This is social networking at its finest happening here, and I feel like some of you may miss the point of it.

While it may seem like overkill to give a #FF to every single person that you follow on Twitter, please do not discount this (as I've seen complaints about) as a cry for attention. Giving a #FF shout-out shows that that person has a genuine interest in someone or something. As often as I like to try to clean up the list of Tweeps that I follow, I've quickly come to realize that I've followed each one for a reason. And yes, more than half of the people I follow on Twitter have been at the suggestion of someone that I follow... see how that worked? Social networking at it's best! The majority of the follows I've made over the course of the last year have been for some of the most incredible indie artists that I may never have found were it not from a #FF (or #MusicMonday or any of the other creative ways folks have found to send shout-outs). And as for my own #FF? I do it as a way to spread the word about some of the greatest music by some of the greatest artists that YOU may not get to hear about otherwise! So rest assured, my #FridayFollow time on Twitter is very near and dear to my heart and each and every one that I send out to my follows is done with the absolute best of intentions!

And my #FF aren't just about the artists themselves... they're also about those who share my passion for supporting indie music. Whether it be an individual, an artists "team" or one of the internet stations (that coincidentally you can find links for just to the right of this post!) that I support, I spread the love around equally!

AND just because, I do spread #FF cheer around for a select few of you who may not share my passion for indie music but are just all-around fine people that make me smile on a daily basis (you all know who you are!).

So please, don't be afraid to read a #FF Tweet and most importantly, don't be afraid to hit that follow button! You'll never know what your ears have been missing if you don't give indie music a chance!!!

See you later tonight for another artist feature!

No comments:

Post a Comment