Translate

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Is the music industry ready for another British invasion?

THAT my friends, is the $64,000 question of the evening (I wonder what the value of that question would be adjusted for inflation? lol!), and one that I hope to help answer.

Within the context of ANY post that I put up on this blog, I will forever bitch and moan about the current state of the music industry. It saddens me to no end to think about how my daughters are going to grow up without the benefit of music worth listening to when they reach my age. I pray that some, any, record exec and/or radio station gm catches wind of this blog and reads these words: YOU ARE COLLECTIVELY SCREWING AN ENTIRE GENERATION OUT OF THEIR RIGHT TO HEAR GREAT MUSIC!!! I want you all to tune your radio (does anyone actually listen to a traditional set-top type of radio anymore? You know the ones with an actual antenna and a tuning and volume dial???) to your local "oldies" or "classic rock" station. Go ahead, I'll give you a few seconds... you back? Okay. Now, put yourself in my 9 year old's shoes. Fast forward 30 years, and tune this same station in. Now, compare the context of what is playing at this very moment with what potentially may be playing on that same station in 30 years. Right now, my oldies station is playing Marvin Gaye's "I Heard It Through the Grapevine". In 30 years, it may be playing Justin Beiber or LMFAO or Pit Bull. Let's see what one of our classic rock stations is playing... oh yeah, Magic Carpet Ride by Steppenwolf! Coming right up in a few years, Nickleback (my fingers actually cramped up typing the name of that band!!!!!!)... ugh! You see where I'm going with this? If what is playing on mainstream radio today is the musical legacy that my children have to look forward to, they're seriously up the creek and no paddle known to man can help them!

Now, on to the title of this post... Is the music industry ready for another British invasion? Judging by my iPod, I would say HELL YES! One of the greatest things about being a fan of independent artists in the electronic age that we live in is their ability to reach out to like-minded fans. Over the course of the last few months, I've gotten Twitter follows by some of the most incredible artists our brethren from across the pond have to offer! Now before we get carried away here and have someone start throwing One Direction's name around, let me clarify the purpose of this blog... to introduce you to REAL artists. Let me give you MY definition of REAL artists: an individual or group who has the essential basics needed for quality music... they write their own songs, they play their own instruments and they sing from their heart, all while playing and singing their asses off!

What's that? You want proof? Well buckle up, cause this is gonna be one helluva ride!

Euphoria Audio:




It would be soooo easy to fill whatever space I have on this hosting site with soooo much awesome music from just THIS band! But this is only the beginning of it!

The essential Euphoria Audio links:








Slam Cartel:





The essential Slam Cartel links:







 

Ben Semmens:




The essential Ben Semmens links:








The New Caldera:





The essential The New Caldera links:






The Verdict:



The essential The Verdict links:




Now this is just a small sampling of all of the great artists in the UK that are primed for a repeat of the 60's here in America. Could one (or more) of these artists do for music what The Beatles did? The proof is right in front of you... you be the judge! But remember, it can't and it won't happen unless YOU tell mainstream radio that it's time to give music back to the FANS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment