Translate

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

This is Mike Peralta


I could stop this post right here, and this picture could tell you a thousand words about who Mike Peralta is. If I weren't already sold on him, THIS would do it!

Mike Peralta is one of my original indie favorites. I've been following him on Twitter for a little over 2 years now... has it really been that long? Some of the best times you'll have on Twitter are watching him Tweet his way thru 2 weeks worth of mentions because real life got in the way! That's when I like to throw a new mention or two at him to start his back log over!


Need to know what he's like as an artist? Just watch the video above. Like any great indie artist worth his weight, he takes an already incredible tune and redefines it as his own. He never takes himself too serious, as he even makes light of himself for mis-pronouncing the original artists name (he even went back and added the comments to the video AFTER he posted it instead of re-recording it!).

Original music you ask? Well, let's see what we can dig up for you...


A Story Forever is one of my favorite Mike Peralta tunes and is on Wise Radio's regular rotation. One of these days we're going to see it make an appearance on their weekly Top 10 Countdown... Do we have a PeraltaNation out there yet to flood Wise with requests???


Where does Mike Peralta fit into today's music landscape? Judging by what's on mainstream radio these days (again, every chance I get I will slam mainstream radio!), if I had my way, he'd already be a superstar! I've said in previous posts that I don't think it's fair to any artist to have to be labeled or compared to another artist, that they should be allowed to stand on their own merit and judged according to their talent. Mike is no exception to this rule. He has one of the smoothest deliveries I've ever heard in an artist, and his heartfelt lyrics make you wonder exactly how much he draws upon his personal life as inspiration. No need to worry about believability when he sings either. You can feel the lyrics he sings in every song and you really do believe the words he sings.


I put this one in here just for you Mike... who wouldn't love them some Fred too?

Now it's up to you to make a decision for yourself. Here are the essential Mike Peralta links:








When checking out his music, please keep in mind that like most indie artists, Mike offers a lot of his music to you for free. When and where you can, please make sure that you are properly supporting these artists. They're putting themselves out there for your enjoyment on their dime, and it's not cheap, so please try to give back to them as much as they give to you!

And a personal note to Mike, you will always have my unwavering support as a person and an artist. You are truly one of the most talented individuals I've ever had the pleasure to know. I wish you nothing but the best in all aspects of life my friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment