Translate

Thursday, July 12, 2012

The David Geftakys experience

I hadn't planned on doing this artist feature quite so soon. I had a few other artists in mind and a particular order in which I was going to feature each one (I wouldn't necessarily call it a theme, but, eh...), then an L.A. based singer/songwriter by the name of David Geftakys went and did this:


So here I am tonight, introducing you to the David Geftakys experience!

As far as indie artists go, David is one of the most fan friendly around. I honestly don't know how he manages to dedicate any of his time to his art considering the amount of time he spends interacting with his fans thru social media. Just on Twitter alone, a quick check found 17 dedicated #TeamDG accounts from at least 8 different countries (USA, UK, Russia, Germany, Holland, Italy, Japan & Malaysia). And that's just what I found typing TeamDG into the search bar! 

You may recall in an earlier post that I introduced you somewhat to David. I credit the creation of this blog to both David and our friends from the band In Air (formerly Nobody Gets Killed), whom you have also been introduced to. In Air actually replied to a comment that I left on their YouTube channel about one of their videos, saying that I should consider doing a blog. That got the wheels turning in my head and I starting weighing the pros and cons of this endeavor. Then along comes David and his endless quest to please his fans. A simple "I would love to know what you think about (my video for) Games We Play" comment and now my 7th post just over a week later and here we are!

The biggest advantage of this blog, for me, is that I get to write about music as a fan. I'm not limited by word count or comment restraints. I don't have to try to stay neutral and unbiased. But most importantly, I don't have to come across as pompous. I'm just me and this is the music that I like and these are the artists that I chose to support. You can like it or you can not like it, the choice is yours... but I appreciate you coming along with me no matter your opinion!

Now let's get back to the matter at hand, Mr. Geftakys. I can not tell you how grateful I am to the guys in In Air for turning me on to his music. He has an originality about him that you just can't find in any mainstream act these days. While every record company is flooding the market with cookie cutter copycats of each other, indie music fans are left to pick up the scraps... and that's fine by me! Artistry, passion, talent, commitment, originality, genuineness... just a few words I can think of (without whipping out the thesaurus!) to describe David and what he gives us of himself. Don't believe me? Check this out:


There may come times in this blog where you start to feel like I'm repeating myself, but that's because the praise that I heap on these artists bears repeating. I will frequently overlap artist mentions from one post to another, as well as continue to bring up one of the more important aspects of the indie artist... their fans. One in particular, Tatiana (David's beloved Tail) is one secret that is bound to get out sooner or later and the world better be ready for it! She embodies the truest passion of a fan and is a force to be reckoned with in promoting David the person and David the artist. I also consider myself to be blessed to call her my friend and partner in relentless indie music promotion! I'm gonna stop now because I know she doesn't think she deserves any credit, but we know otherwise, don't we David!



I'd also like to give a quick mention to David's mother Judeth who is also a talented artist in her own right as a sculptor. If you're a fan of art, do yourself a favor and check her out:



Now here are the essential links that you need for everything David Geftakys:








David Geftakys on Amazon.com

And I leave you with the video that started it all for me:

2 comments:

  1. Los, you're are just incredible! I especially loved the mentions for my fans and supporters, most of all my tail. It's all the support that I receive that let's me keep brining more. Your kind words inspire me to push for more. =) I can't wait for you to see what's coming next.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. David my friend, I give credit where credit is due! You're going to be a star someday soon and I'll be proud to say that I supported you when you were still in training!

      Delete