Translate

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Stone Kings

This post, I cannot help. Sometimes my hand is forced, and this is one of those occasions.



If you've ever wondered why I support indie artists, it's when things like this happen that show you why. As a supporter of the "little guy" I tend to get a few follows on Twitter by somewhat random indie acts. Sometimes though I believe them to be not so random. Case in point just happened this evening, and as I sit here typing away, I am blown away by this band out of Canterbury, UK. This band is the Stone Kings.



The Stone Kings are Gregg Stageman, vocals; Dom Holloway, guitar; Gary McCarthy, guitar; Dan Reene, bass and Gav Ranz, drums. As I am just discovering this band's sound for the first time, I'm picking up on some metal influences, some hard rock influences, even some psychedelic grooves from the 60's and 70's... but most of all, this is get-off-of-your-ass-and-move-it rock n roll at it's finest!

As I've continued on this journey to discover and help "promote" some of the finest indie artists around the world, I've become spoiled by the immense talent that is coming out of the UK. Euphoria Audio, Slam Cartel, Melic, Roadside, The Verdict, The New Caldera, Ben Semmens, Rum Honey... and now, I proudly add Stone Kings to the ever growing list of not just the best UK indie rockers, but some of the best indie rockers period! 


Support unsigned artists... give indie music a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment