Translate

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Marathon

I often find myself wondering how I got to be as fortunate as I have with the path I've chosen with this blog. I think back to just a few years ago, before indie music became such a huge part of my being, and wonder how many indie artists I missed out on. One thing that I was never cognizant of was how manipulated I was being by the mainstream. I was one of the flock, following along and listening to what I was being given to listen to. Little did I know that there was a whole other world of music out there left undiscovered. I was never aware that there was such a diverse group of artists all over the world putting out music that I never knew I liked. Until now.

Tonight, I give to you, Lebanon, Pennsylvania, USA's very own, Marathon.


I'm going to be the first to admit that when this band first came onto my radar, I had no idea what I was in for. I don't ever recall having purposely listened to a ambient indie rock/dream pop band before. I'm sure that at some juncture, there have been artists with some semblance of this sound in the repertoire. But would I have ever picked them out of the crowd? Something tells me I was destined to wait for something really special to come along. That something special, I believe, is Marathon.



Zach Wager, vocals/guitar; Erich Wagner, guitar/vocals/percussion; Robert Battle, bass; Paul Winter, keyboard and Ricky Kreiser, drums, are the players responsible for pushing the envelop of musicianship that is Marathon. Once you press play, you're instantly hooked. There are times when other artists allow themselves to be overshadowed by the production of their music. This is never the case here. The artist and the production value compliment each other flawlessly. There's a cohesiveness from start to finish that allows you to immerse yourself in the artistry and get lost in the music. 

Head over to the band's official website now to download their self-titled debut album. Although they're offering it for free, remember, it wasn't free for them to record it. Give back to the band.

Official Marathon website

Follow Marathon on Twitter

Like Marathon on Facebook

Follow Marathon on SoundCloud

Subscribe to the Marathon YouTube channel 

Support unsigned artists... give indie music a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment