Translate

Saturday, August 3, 2013

Rediscover Desperation Daze by Broken Romeo

Everyone of you who follow this blog and have so from day one know my sole purpose for doing this. I always relish the chance to take a stab at mainstream radio for the absolute mess they've helped to make out of the music industry over the past few years.



It wasn't long before I started this blog that the music of Broken Romeo was brought into my life. It was one of those rare occasions early on that an artist made as big an impact on me as this Tuscon, AZ rock band did. While I was researching the band to first introduce them to you (MY Indie Music Blog Broken Romeo Sunday, July 15, 2012), I came across a less than favorable review of their album Desperation Daze by a so-called critic who to this day I still have never heard of. It was at that point that I knew what direction MY blog would take. I would introduce you to the indie artists whose music was making the biggest impact on me, and it would be written from a fan's perspective. I'm the farthest I can get from being an "industry" professional. My musical background is limited to piano lessons in the sixth grade and guitar lessons in the seventh grade. I can't break down a track technically and explain the nuances of the singers delivery to you. What I can do is give you some of the best music being made today. And the artists that I give to you to discover along with me come from all over the world. From right here in the great state of Maine, to all across the USA. To our neighbors to the north in Canada to those across the pond in the United Kingdom and all the way down under in Australia. I've made this my mission in life, and it has become a never ending passion of mine for going on five years now.

So come along with me as we rediscover one of the all-time greatest indie rock albums by one of the all-time greatest indie rock bands. Period. Come with me as we rediscover Desperation Daze.

Editor's note: I assume no responsibility for blown speakers and/or eardrums. I can merely suggest that you brace yourself for some of the baddest ass and loudest rock n roll you'll find anywhere. Now CRANK IT UP AND HIT PLAY!!!






James Turpin,  Steve Turpin,  Ari Sloane & Matt Ringnel, what you guys give your fans is no less than 120% of your rock n roll hearts and souls. I only know of one other fan of yours who's more excited about the new music you've been teasing us with over the course of the past few months. All I can say is, bring it on. I've got an unlimited amount of blog space with your names written all over it!

Offical Broken Romeo website 

Follow Broken Romeo on Twitter 

Like Broken Romeo on Facebook 

Follow Broken Romeo on SoundCloud 

Become a fan of Broken Romeo on ReverbNation 

Subscribe to the Broken Romeo YouTube channel 

Download your copy of Desperation Daze on iTunes 

Support unsigned artists... give indie music a chance.

1 comment: