Translate

Monday, August 27, 2012

Message to Venus is here to Change mainstream radio

Hello blogosphere! Welcome to another addition of "Getting to know another of Los's favorite indie artists"! I actually just made that up... promise, it'll be the last time I use it!

Now, on with the show!!!


Nothing like letting the music speak for itself...

I wonder if the day will ever come that I don't get excited about discovering new indie acts... probably not in this lifetime! Since I made the conscious decision to almost completely ditch mainstream radio, I'm always on the lookout for the next best indie act to follow and help promote. Introducing you to Message to Venus is long overdue... and I apologize to the guys in the band for taking so long in getting them onto this blog.



Message to Venus is a Miami based, Puerto Rico-bred rock band made up of Jandre Nadal, lead vocals/guitar; John Feliciano, lead guitar; JuanMa Font, drums; & Edgar Ramos, bass. Without a doubt, this is one of the hardest hitting rock acts that I have had the pleasure of listening to in a long time! Their latest EP, The Envelope, is a favorite of mine and a constant companion on my iPod. 

Full of giant guitar riffs, heavy drum beats, smooth bass grooves, and tied up nice and neat with strong vocals, Message to Venus is primed to hit the stratosphere!


Modern rock radio is quickly falling into the same trap that Top 40 stations around the country are falling into. Hit us so fast with the newest "up and coming" act and sprinkle in some songs that may or may not remain relevant 20 or 25 years later, and hope that we don't catch on to the lack of originality left. As is the norm for me, I will not do these guys the injustice of comparing them to any rock acts past or present. Message to Venus are unique unto themselves and deserve their turn at righting the ship that is today's modern rock radio!

The most effective way to spread the music of these incredible indie acts that I share with you is word of mouth. Please help spread the word and bug the hell out of your local rock station(s). TELL THEM YOU WANT TO HEAR MESSAGE TO VENUS ON THE AIR! Help them take back mainstream radio and give it back to fans of REAL music!

The essential Message to Venus links:


No comments:

Post a Comment