Translate

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Simpleton & Cityfolk - Wild Hearts Can't Be Broken

It is with great pleasure that I bring Simpleton & Cityfolk back to MY Indie Music Blog with their new EP, Wild Hearts Can't Be Broken!



Regular readers will remember the band from their first introduction here back in September of 2012 (Simpleton & Cityfolk). Steeped  in Americana/folk/blues/rock, Geoff Glenn, lead vocals/rhythm guitar; Chris Bennett, lead guitar/vocals; Chris Williams, upright bass/vocals and Mike Skowronski, drums/vocals are at it again with their highly anticipated follow up to 2013's No Man is an Island. Hearts is a quick hitting 5 song EP packed full of the sound we've come to know and love.



I couldn't wait to treat my ears to this as soon as it was released. I was on their BandCamp page buying it the morning it was released and was instantly blown away! There's a reason No Man is an Island was on my list of 2013's top albums (2013 Top 10 Indie Albums/EPs) and the guys have made one helluva case for returning to that list again this year with Hearts. The guys wanted to know what track was making an impact on me. After having a few weeks with the EP, I can safely say that it's impossible to pick a favorite. It's like asking me which of my kids I love more. Can't be done! From the opening track, Spokane, to the closing notes of See You Today, every track is a gem. Story after story, song after song, the guys are on top of their game. And it's the fans of Simpleton & Cityfolk that come out on top!

Head over to the bands BandCamp page today to download Wild Hearts Can't Be Broken. Your ears and music soul will thank you.

Download Wild Hearts Can't Be Broken here 

The official Simpleton & Cityfolk website 

Follow Simpleton & Cityfolk on Twitter 

Like Simpleton & Cityfolk on Facebook 

Support unsigned artists... give indie music a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment