Translate

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

The Ghost of Paul Revere- Believe

As a fan blogger of indie music, I often rely on the artists themselves for recommendations on the artists that they know and listen to. This is one of those occasions.

I was familiar with the Ghost of Paul Revere in name only up until just a few months ago. I don't remember which one it was, but Chris Viner or Sasha Alcott from When Particles Collide posted a link to a Pledge Music campaign for a local Maine indie band. That was the moment that I was hooked on this band!

Fast forward now to January 14, 2014, and the guys have released their first full length album, Believe, with the help of their fans thanks to that successful Pledge Music campaign!


Portland, Maine, USA, based Ghost of Paul Revere is made up of Griffin Sherry, guitar/vocals; Mark Davis, banjo/vocals; Sean McCarthy, bass/vocals and Matt Young, mandolin/harmonica. Something that sets this band apart is the fact that Griffin, Davis & McCarthy share lead vocal duties. This makes for an eclectic blend of harmonizing that combines Americana, folk, bluegrass, country and rock elements nicely.


I never knew I was a fan of holler-roots, but after nearly 2 full days of Believe on repeat on my iPod, I do believe I love what I hear!

As I've come to immerse myself in the local indie music scene in Maine, from Bangor to Portland and most points in between, one name keeps coming up from people I meet- The Ghost of Paul Revere. I keep hearing that this is one live show that I won't soon forget. It sounds like their cd release party in February may be the place to find out first-hand!

Head over to iTunes now and download your copy of Believe. While you're there, grab a copy of their debut EP North.

Download Believe on iTunes

Ghost of Paul Revere official website

Follow Ghost of Paul Revere on Twitter

Like Ghost of Paul Revere on Facebook

Believe in the Ghost of Paul Revere. I do.

Support unsigned artists... give indie music a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment