Translate

Monday, January 6, 2014

Leona's Sister

Happy New Year everyone, and welcome back to another year of indie music discovery here at MY Indie Music Blog!

My absolute favorite part of being a indie music fan/blogger is the artists themselves who reach out to me via Twitter. I'm approached on a near daily basis by artists looking to submit music to me for a spot on this blog. As I've told each of them, there is no need to send me anything. They've taken the first step, which is following me. As long as they have music streaming online, I'll take a listen. If I like a track, I pay it back (thanks for the line @limey59) and buy what I can where I can. And if I REALLY like what I hear, they eventually end up right here for all of you to hear. In 2013 alone, I added albums and tracks from 410 indie artists totaling 3047 tracks! My iPod has never been happier!

So it is without further ado that I bring to you, my faithful readers and fellow lovers of all things indie, one of those artists I added to my playlist in 2013, Leona's Sister!


Leona's Sister is made up of Joyce "JT" Twohig, vocals/guitar; Len O'Sullivan, guitar; Dave Hanson, guitar/vocals; Barry Twohig, bass/vocals and Barb Piatowski, drums. This Toronto, Ontario, Canada based quintet have dominated the local ReverbNation charts for Toronto for for the better part of a year and half (since October 2012). One listen and it's easy to hear why. Equal parts rock and soul lend to a heavy retro sound that's been missing from mainstream radio for far too long.




After listening to that, I can't think of a more compelling argument for bringing back rock n roll to mainstream radio... and bring it back in a BIG way! I have a feeling that 2014 is going to be a huge year for Leona's Sister. And I can't wait for all of us to be along for the ride!

Official Leona's Sister website

Follow Leona's Sister on Twitter

Like Leona's Sister on Facebook

Leona's Sister on ReverbNation

Download music by Leona's Sister on iTunes

Now get out there and show Leona's Sister some love like only you can!

Support unsigned artists... give indie music a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment