Translate

Friday, January 18, 2013

August Rising

Happy Friday everyone! I realized that I've been slacking somewhat lately keeping up with this blog. All it took for me to realize that was hearing August Rising on my iPod this morning at work. 

The purpose of this blog, at least for me, was/is to introduce as many of you to as many indie artists as I can. As I've gone along on this journey, I am constantly being followed on Twitter by indie artist after indie artist. There is so much incredible music out there that is being ignored by the mainstream, so I will do what I can to make sure that these artists have an outlet to be heard!

That being said, let's get back to the band in the title, August Rising. 


I was introduced to their music by the folks over at Wise Radio nearly two years ago. They instantly became a favorite of mine, then the unthinkable happened sometime around last September: the band entered an indefinite hiatus. As it goes with so many indie artists, they try to forge a path for themselves in an extremely crowded and highly competitive industry that the inevitable happens. One day they turn a corner and realize that it's time to take a step back and reevaluate what they're doing and what direction they hope to take. I can only hope that Jeff and Jarod are able to make another run at this, because music this good deserves to be heard by the masses!

Now I will do my part to make sure that they're music stays on our collective minds, and I'd like your help.

Give them a listen and find out how easy it was for me to get hooked on their sound. Once you do, join me in spreading the word about them and their music. Share it on Facebook and Twitter, tell your friends and family. Let them know that there is fan base for them that's anxiously awaiting their return!





The essential August Rising links:

AugustRising.com

Follow August Rising on Twitter

Like August Rising on Facebook

August Rising on Soundcloud

Support unsigned artists... give indie music a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment