Translate

Sunday, October 19, 2014

D Edward - Love Is

Hello everybody! I'm back again to bring you another MY Indie Music Blog feature that I hope you will be as excited about as I am.

My regular readers will definitely pick up on the fact that I tend to migrate towards one type of music more than others, rock. It's in my blood and it's a part of my soul. BUT, that doesn't mean that I don't enjoy other genres of music as well. There's a little bit of everything here for your listening pleasure from the aforementioned rock to country to rap/hip-hop and even a little bit of soul. Tonight however, we're going to up the ante somewhat in the soul department.

I've been given another opportunity to preview an upcoming release and just couldn't pass up the chance to share the music with you here. It's that good. So without further ado, I give to you the soulful, jazzy renderings of D. Edward and his upcoming album Love Is.



Oakland, California, USA native D. Edward is a music industry veteran with quite an impressive resume already under his belt. An accomplished percussionist, he currently tours with legendary R&B/funk group Con Funk Shun, as well as working with 2013 Grammy award winner Laura Sullivan on her current project. I can go on name dropping on his behalf but I think it's best if I give you a little sampling of what he has in store for us with his upcoming album...


The album itself is nothing short of amazing. There is so much sound packed into the 11 tracks on Love Is that I almost couldn't decide on what to sample for this piece! The biggest draw for me is the return to old school r&b. I find it increasingly difficult to find good music on mainstream radio these days. This album is one that could turn the industry upside down and give fans of real music something to be excited about again.

I highly recommend that you head over to iTunes right now and pre-order your copy of Love Is ahead of its October 21st release date. I guarantee you that if you're a lover of real music, you will not be disappointed. Make sure you also check out the official D. Edward website, and don't forget to follow him on Twitter and like him on Facebook. And as always, check back here with me at MY Indie Music Blog for all things D. Edward as they happen!

Support unsigned artists... give indie music a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment